The 25 Most Inspirational Sales Quotes for 2021
In this blog post, you'll discover 25 of our favorite inspirational sales quotes, all of which are perfect for giving yourself or your team an extra boost.
4 min read
Get Motivated with These Inspirational Sales Quotes for You and Your Team
Leading or simply being a part of a sales team can certainly have its tiring stretches; when prospects aren’t responding or you’re getting a lot of outright rejections, negativity can quickly wear you down. Turning the tide takes positive thinking, and one of the quickest ways to bring that change of attitude is some words of wisdom from those who’ve already traveled the hard road you’re currently walking.
To that end, these best quotes for motivating sales teams can be a total game-changer. No matter if you prefer to keep quotes to yourself for private reflection, or if you like sharing them with the rest of your team, keeping these stirring words at the ready will ensure your office maintains a confident outlook as you continue through the year.
Success & Failure
1. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.” – Thomas Edison
2. “Don’t worry about failures; worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
3. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
4. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
5. “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
6. “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything.“ – John Wooden
7. “Good ideas come from bad ideas, but only if there are enough of them.” – Seth Godin
8. “True productivity comes from allowing yourself to make mistakes. Do so, and you’ll succeed more often than any ten perfectionists.” – Laura Stack
Reaching success inevitably means having to get knocked down plenty of times. Just like these quotes say, taking those failures in stride will mean you’ll move past them all the more quickly.
Attitude & Outlook
9. “Start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” – Jill Konrath
10. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
11. “Begin by always expecting good things to happen.” – Tom Hopkins
12. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
13. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
14. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
15. “If you don’t believe in what you’re selling, neither will your prospect.” – Frank Bettger
16. “Excellence is not a skill. It’s an attitude.” – Ralph Marston
17. “Quality performance starts with a positive attitude.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
18. “What you focus on is what you get.” – Bob Burg
The way you approach each day can end up determining quite a lot of how it plays out. When things seem more and more out of your control, consider these quotes as a way of adjusting your outlook — you may just find it’ll help you to be more successful in the end.
Owning Your Opportunities
19. “One of the best predictors of ultimate success … isn’t natural talent or even industry expertise, but how you explain your failures and rejections.” – Daniel H. Pink
20. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
21. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
22. “Business opportunities are like buses — there’s always another one coming!” – Richard Branson
23. “Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.” – Norman Ralph Augustine
24. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
25. “It’s not about having the right opportunities. It’s about handling the opportunities right.” – Mark Hunter
Luck alone doesn’t decide your success. So much of it has to do with how you face those situations, successes and failures alike. Make sure to do as these quotes say and handle both scenarios wisely.
Something else to remember is the power of these inspirational sales quotes isn’t just in reading them, but in internalizing them. If you found a statement here that resonated with you, think more about it, and then make its meaning real in how you act. So with that in mind, we encourage you to take these quotes to heart so that you can more easily pick up you and your team when things haven’t been going smoothly. Print them out, write them down, or just send them along as part of an email newsletter — so long as you’re keeping these quotes in mind and working with them. the motivation they bring, you’re sure to land that next big sale with no problems at all.